No sound through the ear piece

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jordygreen, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jordygreen macrumors 6502

jordygreen

All of a sudden my iPhone ear piece has stopped working for some reason i cant hear anything through the ear piece but when i put it on speaker phone or through the headphones i can hear and talk, I don't know what has happened.

I may add that I have jailbroken it for other O2 card to work in it, if that has anything to with it.

Any help would be great as its my only phone :|

Thanks.

2. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

strange; first thing to try, off and on again (sorry if this seems obvious, but it fixes lots of issues)

3. jordygreen thread starter macrumors 6502

jordygreen

Nah it hasnt fixed it but when i turn the volume up it still has the headphones volume on it :s

4. cleanflix macrumors newbie

If you haven't figured it out yet

This has happened to me a few times. I finally figured it out. It has to do with the headphones. Sometimes when i pull out the plug while music is playing it will have this problem. Just plug your headphones back in and it solves everything. The apple headphones that come with the iphone can control your ipod feature of the iphone. while you are listening, you can hit the answer call button once to pause the song or you can double click the answer button to skip to the next song.

5. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

This has happened to my on my phone. It had to do with listening to music through the headphones and pausing it/taking the headphones out/in. Try playing music and putting headphones in and then taking them, and putting them in and pausing and playing it. It should fix it if you mess around with it.

6. micromanjohn macrumors newbie

It seems to be about moisture in the earphone port

Mine stopped working suddenly during a call. I was out in a rain but not terrible. While I was talking it dropped my call. I called the person back everything looked right but could not her anything and the reciever of the call could not hear me. i used somecanned air "Dustoff" which is extremely dry. A short blast of that cleared my problem. I have only used earphones on my phone twice. So it really doesn't have anything to do with the earphones. The jack on the other hand is the problem. Probably shouldn't be located on the top of the phone.

7. felicity214 macrumors newbie

This phone is a piece

I had the same problem, no sound from earpiece with my iPhone 3gs. It got a little damp in my pocket, and next thing I know, I can't hear. I've had this problem before, so I connected and disconnected the headphones, cleaned out the headphone jack, blew, sucked into the hole, (sounds dirty I know), but nothing worked. I just decided to f&*k it, and stuck it on the charger for like 30 minutes, and guess what, it now works!!! What a piece of crap!!! I hate this stupid phone, but of course with the Sheisters at AT&T I'm stuck with this piece for another 6 months. You can rest assured, i'm getting an Android when this contract is up. Nothing but problems with this POS!!!!

8. stratmancj macrumors newbie

lol ... you should blame yourself ... you signed onto a two year contract with your phone upgrade, don't blame the "sheisters" at at&t