no sound with some videos

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mjr451, Sep 6, 2012.

1. mjr451 macrumors newbie

I am using a Macbook Pro - Mountain Lion and need to watch and listen to videos that load from a company Website. The videos load and begin playing but there is no sound. Sometimes on rare occasions, when I receive a video in an email, the same thing occurs. Is there something I can do to get these videos to include sound when playing?

2. simsaladimbamba

Can you link to some examples? They are probably Flash videos, have you updated Flash to the latest version yet?

3. mjr451 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.
    I do have the latest version of Flash for my Mac.

I have sent off an email to the site administrator where the videos originate which requires employee registration and password sign-in. So far no response. These videos load for a few seconds and then begin playing. I have checked all of my sound settings and everything else, with the exception of a few videos sent to me now and then in an email, run fine and include sound.

4. mjr451 thread starter macrumors newbie

Have updated and installed Flip4Mac, Silverlight, latest Java, latest Flashplayer. Computer settings are ok. Still no sound. Videos with audio load and play ok on Microsoft Windows system. So far its really stumping me. I contacted my company training department and they are looking into the problem from their end.:(