No Sound

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kas8901, Nov 29, 2011.

1. kas8901 macrumors newbie

I am currently running a 2011 macbook pro with 32bit windows 7 installed, and running Snow Leopard. There is no sound comming from either the headphones or the speakers. The headphone jack emitts the red light. I have installe all of the drivers from the mac osx disc, and have tried installing both the cirrus and reltek drivers. None of these soultions have worked. When I opent he device mananger, the sound driver that appears is the Intel(R) Display Audio, and the driver is listed as up to date. I have also updated bootcamp to the latest version. This is truly frustrating, and I would appreciate help. Thank you.

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried plugging and unplugging headphones until the red light disappears?
    The red light is the indication, that the digital and optical audio out is activated and the analog audio out is deactivated. The plugging and unplugging helps solve this problem most of the time.

3. kas8901 thread starter macrumors newbie

So just repeatedly plugging and unplugging the headphones can fix the problem?

4. simsaladimbamba

Yes, it worked for me and according to hundreds of similar people.