No Sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cycloneguy2618, Nov 7, 2007.

1. cycloneguy2618 macrumors newbie

My iPhone completely stopped playing any sound. I've tried resetting it and reformatting it. The only sound it has is when I listen to ringtones. Everything else is completely silent. Should I call Apple?

**Speaker phone also has sound.

Okay. I put the headphones in then removed them, now it seems to be working fine... weird.

2. SAMTATSICPRO macrumors regular

WOW, same thing happened to me today!
    the proximity sensor wasn't even working the sound was out, then i got home and plugged in my headphones and it worked back to normal.

3. thudded macrumors newbie

volume

I'm on my second iphone since the first one's ipod features did not work at all. On my current one, I can get some of the ipod features to work...not all. However, now I have too much volume coming out of the speaker while playing any ipod song/video. How do I adjust the volume so that when playing the ipod (w/o headphones) I'm not blasted out? Adjusting the ringer volume does nothing with the ipod volume level. :confused:

Thanks
    Cindy

4. fishballer macrumors member

happened to me once a few weeks ago.

weird. not even sure how/why.

5. polevault139 macrumors 6502

The same thing happened to mine about two weeks ago. I sent it in to Apple and they sent me a whole new phone. They didn't say what was specifically wrong but I got a new phone out of it.