No Sound

cycloneguy2618

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
My iPhone completely stopped playing any sound. I've tried resetting it and reformatting it. The only sound it has is when I listen to ringtones. Everything else is completely silent. Should I call Apple?

**Speaker phone also has sound.

Okay. I put the headphones in then removed them, now it seems to be working fine... weird.

SAMTATSICPRO

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2007
Los Angeles
WOW, same thing happened to me today!
the proximity sensor wasn't even working the sound was out, then i got home and plugged in my headphones and it worked back to normal.

Comment

thudded

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2007
volume

I'm on my second iphone since the first one's ipod features did not work at all. On my current one, I can get some of the ipod features to work...not all. However, now I have too much volume coming out of the speaker while playing any ipod song/video. How do I adjust the volume so that when playing the ipod (w/o headphones) I'm not blasted out? Adjusting the ringer volume does nothing with the ipod volume level. :confused:

Thanks
Cindy

Comment

polevault139

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2006
Illinois
The same thing happened to mine about two weeks ago. I sent it in to Apple and they sent me a whole new phone. They didn't say what was specifically wrong but I got a new phone out of it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.