no sounds, no ring, no iPod, no calls no NOTHING!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dadeleine, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Dadeleine macrumors member

should I throw this headache of a phone in the ocean, mud-puddle or at a small hybrid vehicle? Nothing but troubles, weak reception and now I can't accept (let along hear the phone ring) a call. iPod won't play, there's just plain no sound at all. The only sound I can get (with or without headphones) is the "call failed" beep beep...which, with my crap reception, I've grown to really hate.

I'm in Canada, have an 8GB unlocked 1.1.3 iPhone that I'm really starting to hate.

anybody have an idea on how to make this thing function?
    Reset has been done, charged to full on the dock...out of options!

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Do you use the headphone jack at all? If so plug them in a few times. See if that fixes it. Sometimes the "button" in the jack gets stuck down thinking you have headphones plugged in. It then routes almost all sounds through the jack even though no headphones are plugged in.

3. Dadeleine thread starter macrumors member

not headphone related...I don't think

tried that and nothing...still no sounds!! No keyboard clicks, no ringer sounds when I change the ringer (it usually gives me a preview of the new ringer sound).

so frustrating....

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings

if you used iJailbreak or ZiPhone this is a common problem it happened to me
    just reset of the settings it under settings, not the phone.

5. Dadeleine thread starter macrumors member

ran it through Ziphone...it reunlocked it and all is good again.

in the future, if I do reset all settings, do I lose the unlock? Do I need to re-unlock?

6. MacGirrl macrumors newbie

no sound on the iphone,no rings,no nothing

my phone started doing the same thing today. i cant hear anything. no rings, cant hear my incoming calls, keyboard clicks. i have a 16gb, in the US, jailbroke,acivated,unlocked using ziphone. how do i fix it? i changed the settings on the phone and it didnt work

7. jeffmc macrumors 6502

a restore will mess up your unlock, a reset will not

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

First off, you no longer have an Apple condoned product so don't presume to blame Apple for your reception in Canada.

Complete Restore to 1.1.4 then use ZiPhone to Unlock. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a few days.

9. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

that sucks

10. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I just want to tell you (I'll be honest, I didnt read the full threat, so somebody else may have said this) but a RESET through the iPhone itself fixes this problem, at least it did for me. You do the simple reset, NOT the one that erases everything. Takes a couple mins then you're good to go!