No Sounds On Iphone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gjonesuk68, May 15, 2015.

1. gjonesuk68 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have just received my Apple Watch and am very pleased with it, is it normal when it is connected to my IPhone 6 that I only receive notifications on the watch for messages, whatsapp etc... I don't get any audible alerts on my phone, just on the watch.

2. flur macrumors 68000

Yep, that's correct and by design. If you take off your watch, the notifications will go to your phone. If you're using you're using your phone (screen unlocked), the notifications will go to your phone.

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Woah, really? I didn't realize that was the default (that's what I wanted though).

Couple of questions.

The notifications (ring/buzz) don't go to your phone, but do they still appear on the lock screen? This I would still want.

Do notifications that aren't set up to go to the Watch (either because I turn it off, or there's not watch companion), still ring/buzz my phone?

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

They will appear on the lockscreen if you otherwise have that setup to do so. No sound.

Notifications not setup to go to the watch still won't ding on the phone. The reason is, the phone is connected via bluetooth to the watch so it will send its sounds to the watch unless the watch is locked or the phone is unlocked as stated above.

5. flur macrumors 68000

Yes, the notifications that you get on the watch show up on the lockscreen of the phone, UNLESS you have cleared them from your watch. Dismissing a notification dismisses it everywhere.

All notifications CAN go to the watch, whether or not there is a watch companion app. You can turn off sending notifications to the watch by app - the options are in the watch app for the iphone. Any notifications that you've turned off for the watch will appear on your phone exactly the way they always have.

6. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

The only exception is my phone still rings, along with the watch. Otherwise while I'm wearing the watch, the iPhone appears to be in DND. If I disable a notification for the Watch (by unselecting mirror), then it behaves the same weather the watch is connected or not.