No sounds with texts or calls

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by purpleinnej, Aug 26, 2014.

1. purpleinnej macrumors member

I am no longer receiving audible text alerts, nor does my phone ring. Here is what I've tried/figured out so far:
    1. Do not disturb is off
    2. Bluetooth is off
    3. Music plays
    4. When text/call is received, notification shows on sleep screen as expected.
    5. When text/call is received, phone vibrates as expected

Steps I've taken:
    1. Turn ringer off and back on via switch on side
    2. Confirm via settings that I can hear the ring/text preview
    2. Reset phone (power off and back on)
    3. Restore phone via iTunes

What troubleshooting steps am I missing?

2. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

If you go to Settings > Do Not Disturb, tell me all of the settings that it's set to in there.

If you go to Settings > Notification Center > Messages, tell me all of the settings that it's set to in there. Also, make sure that "show alerts from everyone" is checked, and set "repeat alerts" to 10 times to test.

Also, does this only happen with one person where you don't receive text alerts, or multiple people? If you delete and create a new message thread, do you receive text notifications that way?

When you restored in iTunes, did you restore as a new phone, or did you restore from a backup? Always ensure you restore as a new phone to rule out any issues with the backup.

Please quote this post when you reply so I receive a quote notification.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

since you did everything then restore as NEW don't use backups… seems your DND went wonky even on the backups...