No Spotlight, Safari or Siri suggestions in Denmark

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by ch1ptune, Sep 20, 2015.

1. ch1ptune macrumors newbie

Hi all

I'm loving El Capitan (GM) and iOS 9. Really vast improvements over Yosemite and iOS 8, respectively. Living in a small country (Denmark), I must often accept to go without new features, which only work in select countries. And that's totally fine - small steps. But there are some features, I honestly don't understand why we don't have here. So much that I've started thinking that maybe I missed something, or maybe I have missed a setting somewhere. I'd love to hear your input about the following (missing) features. Have I overlooked something here or should I just accept my fate? :)

The following doesn't work for me:

- Spotlight suggestions in El Capitan (and iOS 9 for that matter).
    - YouTube og Vimeo search
    - Weather lookup
    - Photos search (i.e. "photos from june")
    - Stocks
    - Locations (anything related to maps never work)
    - There's probably more..​

- Safari suggestions
    - Wikipedia suggestion don't appear (when typing your query in the search field)
    - Location suggestions don't appear
    - iOS 9 - Siri suggestions
    - Location suggestions don't show up from Spotlight, Maps and Safari, which means that I only see contacts and app suggestions (more like recently used apps)
    How is in other small countries? Is it the same for you guys?

Thanks in advance,
    Martin.

2. Antonio Blanco macrumors member

Antonio Blanco

well im in Mexico and some of this features are not in yosemite's spotlight but sure they are in El Capitan public beta... Now for the iOS 9 part, i can see wikipedia suggestions but i can't see location suggestions in safari nor in spotlight... i think some of this are just US features, maybe in the future we'll see this in other countries. We don't have the "news" app that comes along with iOS 9 but i can see news in spotlight (from annoying mexican sources btw)