No Stand credit?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Doctor11, Apr 25, 2015.

1. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Is anyone noticing your not getting credit for standing ever hour. I have noticed this a few times. Today when I got the notification I stood up walked from my couch to the kitchen. Then I stood there for 15 minutes doing dishes. Still No credit. Seriously wtf. This is really bothering me. Is anyone else seeing this?

2. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I think it actually wants a minute of movement each hour to count. When at work I get off my chair and walk up to the next floor. Eventually the Watch vibrates to let you know you have met the standing amount for the hour.

To be honest I see it less as standing reminder and more of a move reminder.

3. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Oh. I didn't even know you get a completion notification. Ok I'll try and walk around for a minute next time.

4. muc-mac macrumors newbie

I noticed the same thing. The watch reminded me two times to stand up whereas I was certainly active (walking > 5 min through my apartment) during these two hours.

5. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

How would it know the difference between sitting and standing still?

6. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I have the same problem. I had just finished walking around the kitchen doing various things for at least 5 minutes & a couple of minutes after I sat down, it alerted me to stand.

7. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

It's definitely not just a matter of standing up. You have to move around until it tells you to stop.

8. rrwrrw macrumors newbie

The past three hours have no standing credit but I've been walking between two rooms for all three hours. Super annoying. I'm been standing more than I've been sitting.

9. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Lol I've been walking around and doing stupid movements to fulfill my quota.

10. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

I see this too.

11. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

I too am seeing this. I've made it a point to stand during certain hours for at least 5 mins(as per apple all you have to do is stand 1 minute to get credit) and still it's given me no stand credit for that hour. I've even done activity for 5-10 mins of that hour and still nothing. It's definitely in need of a software update.

12. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

first time today it gave me credit. a few minutes I walked around for a good 5 minutes and it did not give me credit.

13. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Seems others are having the same issue. Hopefully Apple will improve it soon. And walking did it, Thanks guys :) But it definitely needs work.

14. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I've never gotten a notice about completion that I know of, but it has still counted my time.

15. Rayban macrumors regular

Rayban

I've noticed that it tells me to stand up even though I've been walking around and doing stuff around the house. It hasn't done that in a while so I'm wondering if it calibrates your moment as you wear it?

16. kitkat2 macrumors member

Yeah, I've also gotten a stand reminder shortly after I had been walking around doing things for a bit. I've also gotten up and walked around in response to stand notifications and not always gotten credit (and I'm sure I was up and about for for over a minute).

17. betabeta macrumors 6502a

It's wonky, I was walking around sat down and in a few minutes it said stand.

I hate that it says you stood 9 hours! No, just that I stood a few minutes every hour...big deal:D

Actually I would love for it to just tell me how many hours I was up and how many hours I was sitting. I know it could do this.

18. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I THINK if you leave the stand message up while you stand AND MOVE A LITTLE is when it seems to vibrate. I was at lunch today waiting for my food when I got the stand notification. I got up and went to the bathroom and while I was there I got the little vibration. I like that the message is a little different each time.