No startup sound, macbook lagging?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by youssefm, Dec 9, 2008.

1. youssefm macrumors 6502

Hey, i bought a new aluminum 2.0ghz macbook at the end of october, and its been working fine until the past week its been really laggy, safari and other programs are quitting by themselves, and it's just weird. I also tried to restart and shutdowns and the startup sound "chime" doesn't seem to be playing, even though my volume is fully up.. any suggestions on what this is or how to fix it? It's also been heating up just while typing on the forums, and my internet is a bit shaky..

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

That sounds like a plethora of problems. I'd call Apple Support immediately.

3. youssefm thread starter macrumors 6502

that's probably gonna be my last resort, i wanna see if anybody has any recommendations or something.. also btw these symptoms are inconsistent and it happens sometimes, its like my macbook does what it wants whenever it wants.. i previously had a hardware issue w/ my isight camera and superdrive not being recognized then it worked by itself

*The startup sound issue is consistent

** I just tried again and apparently everything seems to be working again.. all by itself -_-