No stationery in Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Morod, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi all,
    I've been reading the OS X Missing Manual and in the Mail section it mentions sending stationery using the Stationery button. I don't have this button in my Mail. Any ideas on how to get/access it? Thanks,
    Morod

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

In the new message window there is a button at the upper right.

IF you don't have this button, which is on by default, ctrl+click and select "customize toolbar.." and drag it up there.

If it is not there, are you using Leopard because it is not in anything lower

Attached Files:

3. scr1968 macrumors regular

First off...stationary is new in the Leopard version of Mail (isn't it???).

Second...if you are using Leopard Mail, you probably accidentally customized your toolbars and removed the button. Simply right click (CTRL+CLICK) on the toolbar and choose "customize Toolbar" and re-add the stationary to your toolbar.

SCR

4. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, no help. I am using Leopard 10.5.2 and with a New Message opened, I CTRL+CLICK on the toolbar (and even tried simply pulling down from the VIEW menu) and I get the customized options, but Stationery is not one. The ones shown are: Back/Forward, Home, Autofill, Text Size, Stop/Reload, Open In Dashboard, etc. but no Stationery. I do know I had it at one time and do not remember wanting to trash it. :confused:
    Morod

5. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

I'm sure it's related, but I'm also missing the button Photo Browser. I have the buttons Send, Save As Draft, Check Spelling and Address on the left-hand side of the New Message, but nothing on the right-hand side of New Message. I did try pulling the New Message wider, thinking maybe the buttons were hiding. No luck. Oh well, I'll keep searching. Thanks!
    Morod

6. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Well, I've wound up contacting Apple Support for help. When I receive an answer on how to fix the missing buttons (Stationery and Photo Browser) I will post here.
    I do have a feeling these buttons were lost in the 10.5.2 upgrade but I can't say for sure. I only know I didn't manually get rid of them. Thanks,
    Morod

7. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Egg on my face!

Just got off the phone with Apple Support... and... I was looking for the two buttons, Photo Browser and Stationery, in my Safari web mail browser. They are not in Safari!
    The buttons are found in the Mail app in the dock!
    So my apologies to all the posters above for leading them on a wild goose chase. When I used the term Mail, I meant my mailbox reached through the Safari web browser, not the Mail app in my dock.
    Surprise, the two buttons are right where they should be in the Mail app.
    Morod

8. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Was just making my rounds to come back to previous threads.

Glad to see you have sorted it out. Was this by any chance a .mac email account as it does look a lot like mail.app.

9. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Indeed it is a .mac email account. They do look very similar. I've gotten in the habit of just using the Mail app to watch for red flags to show that I do have mail, then launching Safari to go get it. Time to break that habit.
    Thank you again!
    Morod

10. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

OK guys, I have a problem where I have the button, but no stationary in it!

It has all mysteriously disappeared, plus mail freaked out a few weeks ago and wiped ALL my settings and data (Thank god for TM!)

Any help?