No Steve - WWDC 09?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by itisme1760, Jan 14, 2009.

1. itisme1760 macrumors 6502

So now that Steve is on medical leave till the end of June, what about the epic WWDC keynote that always happens in June? Let's hope that Steve has left Apple with all the projects needed to bring them through half of a year. Maybe he will still be working a little bit, overseeing projects from home. Who knows?

2. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

3. svndmvn Guest

what was the last one?
    anyway, No Steve- No WWDC 09?:eek: hope not. But I kind of doubt there will be awesome updates this spring or for WWDC either. The front page news suck in every possible way.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Not MacWorld, WWDC. The summer professional convention.

5. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

Wait which one
    lol i think i confused myself here

6. itisme1760 thread starter macrumors 6502

WWDC - Worldwide Developers Conference. Always happens around June time, and Steve gives his keynotes and new products.

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

derp ahh i got confused for a sec bahah

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm clearly he won't be there...And I'm not sure that this is the right part of the forum for this...

9. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

This belongs in the Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion fourm. And he said in his letter that he will be back at Apple in June. If he's not, then we have something to worry about. Currently, I think he just wants some downtime so he can solve this protein deficiency thing.

Don

10. Theophany macrumors 6502

Theophany

I don't understand why people are getting their pants knotted over all of this. So Steve's buggered off for ~6 months, you think that Apple conceptualize their new products the night before they announce them? I'd wager every product that will be unveiled at WWDC '09 has already been run past Steve and is probably in either the latter stages of development or in production in some form.

Apple run on product lifecycles and seeing as Intel's roadmap is as far as three years forward-looking, Apple's initial ideas of which products will have which components are already roughly drafted for the next three years.

11. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

He'll make a dramatic comeback at WWDC 2009. It's a gut feeling. And he'll unveil a groundbreaking product that will be bigger than the iphone + macbook air publicity. :p

12. itisme1760 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, possibly the release of a Mac Tablet, or an iPhone Nano :eek:

13. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

You're jumping the gun aren't you? As far as I know, Apple has not released the dates for WWDC this year.

WWDC has happened as early as May and as late as mid-August. If Jobs feels like giving the WWDC keynote, he'll be able to do it provided he returns in late June.