No stock problems in store but ships 1-2 weeks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emir, Oct 14, 2011.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

We are hearing from people all over the world that Apple has plenty of iPhones this time unlike the iPhone 4 launch and they have stock left even after the lines melted down.

But why does it still say ships within 1-2 weeks in the online store? I can't get that.

Also if i were to order it from the online store today, how long would it take on average(being realistic) for it to be delivered. I mean time from shipment to delivery. If it is like 1 week or something, you get the 4S almost 1 month after ordering it now. That's ridiculous.

Uh and one more thing...

Do you think the unlocked one will be available the first day of November or more of towards the end of November? I am waiting for the unlocked one.

----------

come on people no one has any answers?

2. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Apple shipped the phones they had to preorders, carriers and resellers. It's not surprising that they don't have any in stock at the online store. They're going to need a bit of time to replenish their stock of phones.

If they do shipments the same way they usually do with computers, it generally only takes a couple days from the time it's shipped until it arrives.

If you're waiting for the unlocked one, why are you mad that there aren't any available to order online? Even if they had some, they wouldn't be unlocked, so it wouldn't help you.

3. Type X macrumors regular

Apple isn't stupid, they want media outlets to always note there are lines, shortages etc etc

People want what they can't have... even if they can have it just are too stupid to get off the couch & go look lol

:D

4. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

Thing is i'm gonna make Apple deliver an unlocked one to a friend in US (or to the one in the UK) and they're gonna bring it back to me(back to Turkey) when they're coming back which is 13th of November for the US friend, and first week of November for the UK friend. That's why i need to make date calculations. It took a week for the Apple online store to deliver my Macbook Air. It's the first time i've heard it takes couple of days.