No stopwatch in workout app?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bigboiiiii, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Bigboiiiii macrumors member

Am I missing something or is there no timer built in to the workout app? I did a work out today (weight lifting) and used the "other" category, and found myself constantly switching from the workout app to the watch face (with timer complication) in order to track my rest intervals. I have to be missing something here...

2. susan12369 macrumors 6502

from the manual, "Check the completion ring during your workout for a quick indication of your progress. Swipe on the lower half of the screen to review elapsed time, average pace, distance covered, calories consumed, and heart rate."

https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd36e57e00c

Once you select what you want on the lower part of the screen, it will default to that the next time you do the workout.

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

There are some 3rd party apps that work like you seem to want. You could also try double tapping the crown for fast app switching between the stopwatch app and workout app.

4. Bigboiiiii thread starter macrumors member

From my understanding, current third party apps can't access certain things like the heart rate monitor.. And I thought about the double tapping of the crown but it would be nice to just be able to raise your wrists and see all your data on the screen (time, heart rate, rest period remaining)