No Summer Promotion?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lady Arwen, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Lady Arwen macrumors member

I am planning on buying a mac book pro for college next year. I noticed that there have been rumors of the free iPod touch deal, but no announcement. In previous years, there has always been an announcement. Is there no deal this year? How long should I wait until there's no deal?

2. macbwizard macrumors 6502

macbwizard

I hope there will still be a BTS promotion. Today is a Tuesday, perhaps it will be announced today. I would guess, though, that if it's not announced by next week, there's little chance that they are doing it this year (based on how early it has started in the past).

3. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

4. mbennett macrumors newbie

Does apple traditionally make all its WWDC announcements on the first day or will there be more throughout the week? I'm hoping that there are still more but I believe that if there was a BTS promotion it would have already been announced. I have also been holding off on getting the new imac since they were refreshed, but Wednesday I'm probably going to break down and buy it. If anyone can give any evidence to wait for the BTS promotion please let me know. thanks

5. Legacy40k macrumors newbie

I'm hoping they have a promo. I've been waiting for a few months now for it to get a new mac book pro before I finish school, and I'm leaving the country in 3 weeks, so if they don't announce it soon I'm pretty much out of luck.

Here's hoping at some point today they start the promo up.

6. drewyboy macrumors 65816

There's quite a few things that are pointing to next tuesday the 14th. I'd at least wait till then, but personally I'm going to wait till it comes. Get iPod and sell it off and all of the sudden, I got $200 off my Apple purchase. So question is, what is $200 worth to you?

7. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

What's pointing to it being next tuesday?

8. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Tuesday is apples typical update day and its likely they will update the Macbook Air and white macbook to sandy-bridge they probably want to get rid of C2D before offering a promotion.

9. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I'm a newbie. Can you explain C2D and sandy-bridge?

10. Robellyn macrumors member

He means the processors (C2D means Core 2 Duo and Sandy Bridge are the latest processors).

11. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

So, to get the free iPod deal, you would have to get the old processor, C2D?

12. plumosa macrumors regular

plumosa

no what he's saying is that they'll want to wait to announce the BTS promotion in time with the new release of the MBAs. This way they avoid a lot of angry people who just bought an old MBA for the BTS deal.

13. Legacy40k macrumors newbie

Whats to say the new ones are coming out next week (or soon)?

14. Legacy40k macrumors newbie

I wonder if they are just waiting for the fathers day drive to finish up.

15. dragon13 macrumors member

dragon13

I was wondering the same thing. Either way, I'd bet it'll be sometime this month..

16. gmans46 macrumors regular

ugh this blows ive literally been waiting forever to order this damned thing i just want to pull the trigger already.

17. Legacy40k macrumors newbie

Yea, What's the return policy on a macbook Pro? Kinda tempted to buy one now, and if they release the promo in the next week, I'll return it (or barter with them to still get the promo)

18. gmans46 macrumors regular

im getting a cto version so i dont think its possible to return it plus its online.

19. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Its rumored they have been in production since may and plan to release in June or July at the very latest.

20. ldellx3 macrumors 6502

200 dollars off..but is that off of the already reduced education pricing?

21. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

Yep. Or at least it has been before!

22. skapple85 macrumors newbie

Why not just price match Micro Center at a Best Buy store, $999.99 isn't bad. :D

23. darknite38 macrumors regular

Wrong.

If you get educational pricing on your computer, you are NOT eligible for the promotion. If you don't get education pricing on the computer, you ARE eligible.

24. zoomin6 macrumors member

Really? I remember using my educational discount and getting a free printer before starting my spring semester in '08...of course with no ipod because that's before fall semester begins.

Walter..

25. KristenM macrumors regular

Um actually you're wrong. I have always gotten the edu pricing along with the free iPod.