Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theistoons

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
After I updated to 1.1.2 with the touch free jailbreak I cannot find any many apps that were there before I updated. NES is not there as well. I have community resources installed and I had no problems jailbreaking my update. Anyone else have the same problem?

natnat

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
After I updated to 1.1.2 with the touch free jailbreak I cannot find any many apps that were there before I updated. NES is not there as well. I have community resources installed and I had no problems jailbreaking my update. Anyone else have the same problem?

I am having the exact same prob. I am relieved to know it isn't just me! Thanks for sharing your troubles. Hope they can sort things out!

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
The reason the NES and Summerboard are not there is that, for them to be installed using the installer.app, the two programs have to be "allowed" to run on the new firmware.

Because you can't download it, you can't set those privileges (so wait for the developers too)

You can install summerboard manually though. I have not tried NES but will help anyone that needs it.

Download summerboard here: http://www.nullriver.com/~zigzag/SummerBoard.zip

Ok... Install SSH on your phone, and log into it using an SFTP client. (I use CyberDuck)

Read carefully now, and copy the files to your iPhone from the Summerboard folder as follows:

SummerBoard.framework -> /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework

SMBPrefs.app -> /Applications/SMBPrefs.app

Themes -> /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

com.apple.SpringBoard.plist -> /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

Make sure that the plists permissions are as such:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 704 Oct 9 20:00 com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

you now have summerboard prefs. have fun!

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
The reason the NES and Summerboard are not there is that, for them to be installed using the installer.app, the two programs have to be "allowed" to run on the new firmware.

The problem with that theory is that Summerboard for 1.1.2 was downloadable from installer.app last night and they pulled it. It also was updated for 1.1.2 at the same time that installer.app was released, so it's already compatible.

Also installer.app lists many apps that aren't 1.1.2 compatible (some for ipod touch only as well, but there are definately 1.1.1 only apps eg. 'Tiff Export Fix', 'Oktoprep' etc.) - the version check happens when you install it.. eg. last week when I first jailbroke installing summerboard brought up a popup saying I needed 1.1.1. The apps have vanished completely from the install list, which they wouldn't have done unless there was a good reason. It'll be back soon I guess.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
I have also noticed that the different applications check compatibility upon installing. But when I said that they removed it from installer.app, I meant that the individual developers had to take the programs off of the installer.app repository. Not that the installer.app program removed it for incompatibility.

They had to change the allowances due to it not working correctly on the 1.1.2 update last night.

At least this is what I gathered from both LoringStudios blogs and http://appleiphoneschool.com

Moss4381

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
Please Help

How do I copy all of the things from my computer to my iPhone for summerboard to work. I have a PC and i am a newb at this.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
Are you familiar with SFTP? on a PC, there is a free ftp/sftp program called coreFTP lite.

you can get it for free at downloads.com

Moss4381

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
Still lost

Nope I have never done any hacking or anything and I don't know a lot about computer programming and such. I just want to be able to change the springboard on my iPhone if you could maybe walk me through from the beginning that would be very helpful. I have my phone unlocked and i have the installer app on there. What do I do from there.

Argelius

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2005

Same issue here. Just jailbroke a 1.1.2 iPhone. The only app I really care about is missing - Summerboard!

I'm hoping it will appear with the next "apps refresh"...

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
anyone know where I can download 1.1.1 firmware for my ipod touch?
mine had a hissy fit when upgrading to 1.1.2 (after the oktoprep -> update to 1.1.2) had to do a restore

Moss4381

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
my phone is still on 1.1.1 and i still dont have summerboard as an application. how do i get it

flounderasu

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
Summerboard allows for scrolling. None of the themes are working. Also, doesn't allow for my own wallpaper to work. Not sure why.....But it definitely scrolls left to right!

The problem with that theory is that Summerboard for 1.1.2 was downloadable from installer.app last night and they pulled it. It also was updated for 1.1.2 at the same time that installer.app was released, so it's already compatible.

Also installer.app lists many apps that aren't 1.1.2 compatible (some for ipod touch only as well, but there are definately 1.1.1 only apps eg. 'Tiff Export Fix', 'Oktoprep' etc.) - the version check happens when you install it.. eg. last week when I first jailbroke installing summerboard brought up a popup saying I needed 1.1.1. The apps have vanished completely from the install list, which they wouldn't have done unless there was a good reason. It'll be back soon I guess.

Jphillippe

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
After I installed summerboard, my international icon in seetings>general tab is gone...how weird, I reupdated and went through the process again because the icon was missing and thought I missed something, but right when I update summerboard and restart, its gone.

ipodtouchpros

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
AZ
1.1.2 summerboard works!

Hey guys, I figured out a couple of ways how to get summerboard to work on 1.1.2. Just go to my website at this link and read a couple of ways how to do it. If you have any questions, email me at ipodtouchpros@gmail.com. 0 and if I have helped you, will you please donate to our cause because we have spent many hours of hard work on these projects. Just go to this link: http://www.freewebs.com/ipodtouchpros/howtofixsummerboard.htm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.