No "swype" feature for the keyboard?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by lsutigerfan1976, Jun 8, 2015.

1. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Was kind of looking forward to seeing if they would integrate this on the native keyboard. Since they really shunned third party keyboards. I kind of of thought they would have made this a key new feature of iOS 9.

2. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Yeah, I thought this was a bit odd too. Hopefully, at the very least, iOS 9 will stabilize the 3rd party keyboards and remove the lag/stuttering that I STILL experience.

Oh well. I'm honestly more upset about the lack of an NFC API opening up!

3. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I thought developers are responsible for removing bugs from their apps and improving their stability and not Apple.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Assuming the issues with those are in those apps and not the underlying libraries and codebase of iOS itself.

5. JohnApples macrumors 65816

True, but I find it hard to believe that not a single keyboard developer has managed to offer a completely smooth, relatively bug-free experience yet. Obviously I don't know enough about the process to say for sure, but if my Swype and SwiftKey keyboards are still crashing this late into iOS 8, I would assume that it's the operating system's less-than-optimal integration, and not the developers' fault.

I mean, I could be completely wrong, maybe all the 3rd party developers are doing a sloppy job with keyboards, or maybe I'm just having very bad luck. But I personally believe iOS currently has poor optimization for 3rd party keyboards.

6. Agent-J macrumors regular

Swype on 8.4 is so bad I want to delete it, until I try the regular keyboard and remember how I have to retype every word. Swype almost never comes up when I open Messages, I have to go back to the home screen and then back into the app, and sometimes that doesn't even work and I have to force-kill the app. I agree with JohnApples: since nobody can seem to make 3rd party keyboards work, it's most likely Apple's fault. Hey Apple, spend a little more time on that than new emoji, please? Using my iPhone shouldn't make me want to throw it against the wall.