No Sync Service Option in Outlook 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajmitch, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ajmitch macrumors newbie

My OS X Lion and I use Outlook 2011 for Contacts as well as the Mac Address Book. I went to my Outlook Preferences to use the Sync Services function only to discover that it does not give me any options to choose from. Clicking the SyncServicesAgent app does nothing. The iSync app does not exist in Lion. I went to the Apple Support site for Mac OS X: Resetting the SyncServices folder (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627) and Mac OS X v10.6.x and OS X Lion: About Sync Diagnostics assistant (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3783) and nothing seems to work.
    Can anyone help me with this problem.

Attached Files:

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I'd try chucking the Outlook preferences and resetting sync services again. Then restart Outlook and see if they're there.

3. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

had the same issue, I tried deleting the software and re-installing the software and still did not work. I finnaly called Microsoft and they helped me delete the software again but this time they had me delete hundreds of hidden files then re-installed the software and it worked like a dream. Now of course I dont even use it anymore, I use apple mail and pages, go figgure.

4. Besbaklava macrumors newbie

Outlook for MAC 2011 Major Issues

I have had major respond-time issues with this program since installing it last year. I am not on a corporate program, it's just me, my MAC and that's it. Syncing never worked properly, or I never set it up properly, so I don't even sync with a device or my other email addresses.

Just about every function results in lengthy hang-time, spinning beach ball and failure to respond that require a 'force quit."

The program has been uninstalled and reinstalled.

I recently increased memory to 6MG (iMAC Intel mid-2007) and installed Lion. I have plenty of memory.

An Apple Genius thinks it may be my 'account' and has suggested I create a new account and move everything over. My intuition is that it's something related to the syncing between Apple iCal/iMail and Outlook that has created a confusion.

Any thoughts?