All iPads No T-Mobile iPad announcement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Yr Blues, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Really curious as to what they'll have to offer for mobile options.

2. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

Whatever they may eventually announce for the iPad, it won't be as big of a stir as was their recent phone announcement.

This is because there are already quite reasonable pre-paid data plans for the iPad from ATT and Verizon. I am VERY happy with the $20 per month 1 GB Verizon plan. And I just checked the T Mobile coverage map and they essentially have no coverage near my home and in many of the places I frequently travel to.

IF however (and this is a very big if - or perhaps a when) they had better coverage and comparable speeds to ATT/Verizon, then their new phone plan terms are indeed very attractive. Something I would be interested in for phone use.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

They offer tablet only plans, starting 500MB for $20, 2GB for 30, then adding 2GB for an additional $10 maxing at 12 GB for $80 a month. No unlimited options. You have to supply the iPad.

4. ramram55 macrumors 6502

Is there like 1-3 days plan ? I have an at&t ipad which bought used recently wanted to test the sim card out with t-mobile (got one from their promotion).

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I see no big deal with phones, you stretch out and pay the full price

6. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Which iPad versions work on their network?

7. ramram55 macrumors 6502

would guess At&t because it is close to GSM.

8. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

dont they have to make an AWS model, like the iPhone 5?

9. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

to revert to 3g if there's no LTE service perhaps.

As for which model as I recall starting with the ipad 3 the 'verizon' ones had
    GSM for international use and are sim unlocked. so really any of them (if this is correct) are fine for trying with T-Mobile. You have 14 days to return it to Apple if it doesn't work and you don't want to keep it for using on another system.