Carrier No T-Mobile preordering online for iPhone Upgrade Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by omg516, Sep 8, 2016.

1. omg516 macrumors newbie

The link below shows that the T-Mobile version is only available in stores with the iPhone Upgrade Program?

http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

I like to preorder online rather than dealing with the long lines at the stores, if I ordered the AT&T version (assuming that they are all unlocked anyway when using the Upgrade Program) would I be missing any features if I used it exclusively on T-Mobile's network?

2. selcouth macrumors newbie

If you don't have an AT&T account, I don't believe you'll be able to place that order. Most of what I've read indicates that you can place a preorder for a T-Mobile phone for in store pick up and then change it to an iPhone Upgrade Program purchase with T-Mobile in store. Someone please verify that.

3. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Does anyone know if ordering the AT&T or Verizon versions requires an account under those respective carriers? I would like to get one via the IUP as well but the lack of T-Mobile option..

Don't you need to pay for the phone outright? I did the outright order last year but I recall being charged right away.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You won't have to wait in a long line. Just like last year, you'll go to the preorder page, select the phone you want and make an in-store appt for launch day. You'll be in an out of the store really fast. It was very easy last year.

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

There is no option to make an appointment under T-Mobile for IUP. Would you just have to do the outright option then change it? If so, I believe they charge you immediately if I am remembering right from how I got mine last year.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Yes that option will appear when the preorder is up and live. That's how it worked last year. I spoke to an Apple rep via chat and they said that's how it will work this year as well.

7. Minhimalism, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

That's the problem. The app says that you can't do preorders for T-Mobile IUP *online. It says you must visit a store.

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Yeah, because you can't. You make a reservation for a phone and set up the phone in-store on launch day. You'll get it launch day, you just won't be giving them money for it until then.