No TEXT notification AW2 (Nike version)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TB07-NJ, Nov 14, 2016.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

ALL other notifications seem to be working fine but I am getting no TEXT notifications. All settings on watch and on iPhone 7+ seem to be correct as per Apple's website. Texts are visible when I start the app on the watch but no notifications on the watch screen. Seems I am missing something simple but I'll be darned if I can find it.

Any ideas?

Trying to "chat" online with Apple support but have been watching the spinning circle for 20 mins even though it says "we'll be with you in 2 minutes or less."

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

I receive text notifications just fine, so it's either a hiccup or a setting.

Have you tried rebooting your watch?

Mine quit giving the haptic feedback during the Breathe app three days ago; power-cycled it and all was well.

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Well ... I got it working. I called Apple support. He couldn't figure it out but while we were trying various things with him this is what finally fixed it:

We turned "cover to mute" off then it suddenly started working. Then I toggled it back on and it continued to work. Evidently it was a glitch which that toggle "de-glitched" when toggled off/on :)

I also discovered the watch must be being worn for it to work (took it off/on multiple times to confirm). Didn't know that but that had nothing to do with the problem, just a POI.