No "time to stand" notifications in OS3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Fireproof!, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Ever since upgrading to OS3, I haven't had the watch alert me to stand. This is very frustrating because I'm trying to keep a streak going with all circles complete and there were some times during the day I could've easily stood and walked around but the Watch didn't alert me.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Anything I might do to fix it? I've check all the settings and they all appear to be set to correctly notify me, and haptic is set to strongest so I don't miss things...

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Open watch app on iPhone.

Go into notifications > activity > stand reminders.

Is that on? If it is. I don't know. I get notifications as expected.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

• Then check Wrist Detection
    • Then Un-Pair & Re-Pair

4. Fireproof! thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Yep - it sure is. That was the first thing I checked. Thanks.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2016 ---
    Thanks. Will try these things and see what happens.

5. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I'm not getting the notification to stand either but I'm happy about that. It was annoying and I would often get the notification to stand right after I'd just been up walking around. Now I never miss getting credit for standing at least 12 times per day.

6. Fireproof! thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

I know what you mean - it certainly needed (needs) improvement. I would often be up and around a few times in a particular hour period, only to find it alert me 5-10 minutes before the hour was up to stand. I'm like...lolwut? I have been up and down many times this past hour.

But still - I am not getting any now. So strange.

7. Fireproof! thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Ok I went through the pain of un-pairing and re-pairing. And sure enough - that worked. I have been notified to stand twice now. Yay! Must've been some weird glitch.

8. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I have a new original SS I just bought for a reduced price at Best Buy that arrived yesterday. It didn't have the OS updated and I was getting notified to stand hourly. I updated to OS 3 last evening (took forever) and today I'm not getting notifications. I'm going to leave well enough alone.