Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neo1975

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2015
I see one big change in the latest beta is the removal of Time Travel, at least on my watch.

Can't say I miss it.

alecc131

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2013
No time travel too. However, I recall it working Monday/yesterday after updating. Noticed today it's gone. I think updating complications in Watch app on iPhone caused time travel to disable. Not sure.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
I've seen a video of somebody using Time Travel in the OS 3 beta to navigate back and forth in the Music History by looking at the large Music complication on the Modular Face.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
They showed that off in the keynote. It's a nice feature.

I can't wait to use it. I'm on the public beta and they seemed to have removed the Music History from the Music app, but they left the Up Next Queue and put it now beneath where they put the lyrics when you choose to play a song. I sent an email to try and get them to put it back in.

Mik3F

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Uhh no. The latest watchOS 3 beta has just turned Time Travel off by default. You just have to turn it back on if you want to use it.

You do need the latest iOS on your phone though, before yesterday I didnt have the option to turn it on. After updating my phone last night I could switch it on again

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
You do need the latest iOS on your phone though, before yesterday I didnt have the option to turn it on. After updating my phone last night I could switch it on again
I feel like an idiot. Didn't even notice this. Still haven't gotten used to searching for settings in the watch app.

Brandon0448

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
I also had to turn it back on in the latest beta. Why is this even a setting?

I find time travel annoying and did not even know I could disable it so I am glad I stumbled across this thread. I don't really see the point in it except for checking the forecast and I would much rather just open the weather app for that. Time travel randomly triggers all the time and I have to hit the crown before I can check what time it is, defeats the purpose of a watch if I can't just quickly glance at it to see what time it is.

Reactions: ladytonya

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Thank goodness for this post!! The loss of the default feature escaped me!!

As for how useful the feature, one might understand if you wanted to know exactly when the sun was rising/setting...a very useful feature for a photographer. I used the feature nearly daily, and have really, really missed it. But then I also teach photography and would advise students regularly of when the sun and moon were going to impact photos.

Cheers!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.