No try on appointments after 4/17/15

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macguy360, Apr 14, 2015.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

If you go online to Apple's website in the watch section, you can request a try on appointment online. The website will then ask what location you would like to sign up for and view available times. After logging in, the times will be listed.

I have found that regardless of the Apple store, there are no times available after the 17th despite the fact that it has the days showing. If you wait till tomorrow when the next day appears it will have no available times.

Why could Apple be stopping online appointments for try-ons after the 17th?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I wonder if that is just as far out as you can schedule?

It would make sense to end it soon though. That is a lot of time to have extra staff on hand.

3. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

This doesn't strike me as unusual. The need to preschedule try on appointments was a way for Apple to manage elevated traffic at the start of the launch. As that traffic tapers to more normal levels they can manage it using their existing store process.

4. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

They did that this past weekend, it only went three days in advance

5. macguy360 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I have been watching the pre-order availability and it increases each day. Like 3 days ago, the schedule only went to the 18th, now the schedule goes to the 21st.

6. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

You have to wait until tomorrow then the times will pop that are available, since I wanted to schedule a try-one appointment for the 16th so I looked yesterday, and there was nothing listed, but today there were times listed so I got to schedule one for 1:15pm Thursday

7. torontoapple macrumors member

torontoapple

I actually went to try on the watch in Toronto and have to say the Sport black is really sharp looking and light. Was surprised when I was in the Apple store not a lot of people were there for a busy mall. I guess June cant come soon enough !