No Tweaks showing up in settings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JPL951, Jun 24, 2015.

1. JPL951 macrumors newbie

Anybody else having the issue where you install say winterboard, and it does not show up in your settings menu, or on any app pages? that goes for any other tweak.

Is there a solution, or is it just an update that needs to be pushed out so they all work?

2. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Taig needs to update the jailbreak so that it recognizes substrate; tweaks will not show until they do. No idea when, or if this will ever happen at this point.

3. JPL951 thread starter macrumors newbie

aww so ill have to re-jb then whenever they release an update?

4. adammacleod macrumors member

5. JPL951 thread starter macrumors newbie

A quote from Saurik. "As people still seem confused: to fix Substrate on iOS 8.3, @taig_jailbreak (not me) will update the jailbreak kernel patch (not Substrate). " it seems Boxermansr is right sadly.

6. adammacleod macrumors member

Yes that's correct, but I though Taig updated "Taig Untether" via Cydia rather than an updated JB?

7. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

The update *should* (short of it just simply HAVING to require starting from scratch, and re-jailbreaking) be pushed as an update in Cydia -- at this point, it's just a matter of -when- that will happen. It's aggravating to have almost all of my tweaks, etc. installed, and not able to use them, because substrate isn't working (not saurik's fault at all).

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

"PreferenceLoader" might need to be updated also for apps to show in Settings

9. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Do they show now with the new update? Can somebody confirm. I am going to travel and cannot have a bugge device but i am too tempted to update to 8.3.

10. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Yea they show now. I have most of all my tweaks loaded.