No txt notification of mms message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tflex20, Jul 24, 2008.

1. tflex20 macrumors newbie

Ok, I have the iphone 3g and i understand it does not support mms messaging. Everyone else i know that has the phone receives a txt message saying they were sent an mms message and are given a link to an att site with a temp password where they are able to view the message. I however never get the txt saying i received an mms message for some reason. Anyone know how i can start receiving that txt, i have the unlimited txt plan. Thanks in advance.

2. dishwab macrumors newbie

i've had the exact same issue...although when an AT&T user sent me an MMS message, that website message popped up. Maybe it only accepts them from users on the same network.

3. tflex20 thread starter macrumors newbie

i thought that may have been the case also but my sister is receiving the notification from verizon users so now i have no idea

4. dishwab macrumors newbie

yeah, now I'm not getting them at all. I even tried removing the SIM and restarting etc. but nothing worked. I'm on hold with apple now...

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i had one yesterday (i'm with O2) and it took ages to receive.. and the o2 site was well slow to view it..

still.. at least it arrived :)

6. dishwab macrumors newbie

well, the reply I got from the apple customer service line was that becuase the iPhone doesn't access third party websites, these notifications won't come through. She said they will have probably 10-20% success rate because some will sneak through but for the most part...we won't be notified in any way if someone tries to send a picture message.

so far the best way i have come across is to have people send the pictures texts to your email that is set up on the phone.