No undocked icon labels?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by daffie, Jul 11, 2011.

1. daffie macrumors regular

daffie

I have Googled extensively, but have not found a way to remove undocked icon labels. I use Winterboard and tried the "no undocked icon labels" and "no docked icon labels" options/themes. I also tried moving those options/themes to the top of the list in Winterboard, as I have read somewhere.

The Cydia tweak "no docked icon labels 4.0" does work for the docked icons, and I use this on my ipad.

Anyone know of a way to make this work? Many thanks!

2. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

I used Shrink, granted it's a paid app but it was definitely worth it as you can remove labels in the dock, undocked, and also in the switcher. Shrink provides you a lot of customization options as far as your icons, labels, and badges are concerned. The best thing about it is that the settings are native and the changes do not require a respring. End result you get something that looks kinda like this:

[​IMG]

3. daffie thread starter macrumors regular

daffie

Thanks, I appreciate the tip. Will try it soon. Btw Any idea whether it will work next to (installed) Winterboard?

4. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

I have my Icon theme and battery theme applied with winterboard so I can confirm it works well with it.

As far as an actual release of an updated No Docked/Undocked Labels through winterboard it may be out there somewhere, all it would take is just someone packaging it up and throwing it in a theme folder.

5. daffie thread starter macrumors regular

daffie

Thanks again!

6. daffie thread starter macrumors regular

daffie

Just another thank you for this wonderful tip! Shrink works awesome for disabling icon labels. Re-spring is indeed no even necessary.