No Unlocked version of 6s/6s Plus being released ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahmadka, Sep 15, 2015.

1. ahmadka macrumors newbie

Hi guys .. I was wondering why Apple hasn't any unlocked version if iPhone 6s/6s Plus on their website for pre-orders. In the past years, weren't they listed ? Currently I have a 128GB iPhone 6s Plus on reservation, and chose AT&T as my network carrier when reserving online. However I really want an unlocked version, that has nothing to do with AT&T. How can I get that ?

2. Gangalanga macrumors member

Good question. You can buy full price ATT and either it will be unlocked once synced to itunes or you gotta enter the IMEI on the website.
    If you buy on apple.com, When you choose to buy unlocked you pay full price and it says T-mobile after you select the unlocked option, but it is an unlocked phone nevertheless. You then need to activate through itunes with a valid SIM card to get the unlock confirmation.
    I ordered an ATT and an unlocked iphone 6s plus
    Hope this helps

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

There are a few hundred posts here already from folks that have already purchased unlocked phones from ATT (me included).

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You can just buy it full price and it should be unlocked. Sim-Free models don't usually come out and they come out months after the initial launch.

5. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

I ordered a T-mobile contract free 6s. Should be unlocked and will be using it on AT&T.