iPod touch No untetherered JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mohammadkm95, Dec 4, 2011.

1. mohammadkm95 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've been seeing rumors online that say Apple won't allow untethered for ios 5 JB...is this true?

2. Cubemaster13 macrumors member

Apple doesent allow any sort if jailbreak. Tethered or untethered, jailbreaking is against Apple's control. If you are worried about jailbreaking using an untethered jailbreak, it is not that big of a deal, just don't let yor battery die and don't shut it of all the way, which would be holding the power button until you slide to shut off. Hope i answered a question or two :)

3. mohammadkm95 thread starter macrumors member

4. snowbrdr1 macrumors newbie

snowbrdr1

Apple has never allowed Untethered jailbreaks. Jailbreaking used to be illegal until apple lost a legal case and the court said jailbreaking was legal because "It's your phone, not Apple's". The Jailbreak team was very close to releasing an untethered jailbreak for iOs5 but then apple patched the exploits. Give it a few more weeks and I'm sure we will see an untethered jailbreak