no update this week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macduke, Sep 26, 2007.

1. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

anyone starting to think there won't be a firmware update this week? maybe apple is still working out the bugs and will be delayed? it happened for osx and it can happen now too. especially if they are putting in all their efforts to fix the various bugs on the ipod touch / classic in addition to developing a newton II with leopard being released within a month?

apple needs to hire some more employees. they are expanding like crazy! just about everyone i know is switching to a mac since vista sucks, even my grandpa who started off with dos and windows 1.0 is considering the jump!

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

If Apple plans to have more additions apart from the wifi itms I don't mind waiting a bit longer but if not I don't know what the wait is for.
    And I agree with you they should have more workers as the company is expanding and the demand for their products is greater than ever.
    I am planning to make my parents switch too :)

3. Jayrod macrumors regular

It's only Wednesday. There is still plenty of time for an update to come out this week.

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

friday we'll see it. the update has been ready for weeks .. it was in the UK. they arent still working on it.... and dont expect anything but what we've already seen.

5. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

It's only been 2 days since it was announced that it would be released later this week. There are still 2 1/2 days left in the week.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

It is coming...maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but its coming, even if we have to wait till friday, however, i need it by friday since saturday and sunday isnt an option for me as i will be away from a computer all week.

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It's coming. I believe that at last weeks media event, it was hinted at that the update was taking so long because they had to stay ahead of the hackers who already have all of the iPhone code hacked into. The reason the iPod Touch already has allot of what this update contains is because the Touch has better protection already to protect the code, it's why it hasn't been hacked yet.

Anyways, this is what I understood as to why it's taking so long.

8. overcast macrumors 6502a

You can't exactly "just hire more people" into a project and expect that magically the development time gets cuts down. The time and resources needed to get those people up to speed on the project is counter intuitive. Especially for a project as big as an operating system.

9. DamFu macrumors regular

DamFu

My memory may be a bit foggy but were'nt the last 2 updates pushed out on Thursdays?

10. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I just wonder if it's not out because they had a scheduled date in mind and they are sticking to it or are they still working on it. I can't imagine they just holding it for a specific date. Think of how many impulse iTunes music purchases they are missing out on. And if they are still working on it then it may be different than what was shown last week.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

No, both were on Tuesdays which is why it was expected yesterday.

12. Tweak3D macrumors regular

I am not expecting it until next tuesday as this would conencide with the itunes music store and startbucks deal being offically launched. makes the most sense to me.

13. aphexii macrumors 6502

why is everybody freaking out so much about this lately? It will come when its ready and apple is ready to release it.

14. D4F Guest

D4F

They will not release it untill the relock tool is ready.
    They want to push their 'Trojan horse' and brick as many phones as possible and in my opinion their 'brilliant let's help iPhone users' tool will do that as planned.

That's how I see it.
    Remember my words :D

15. ZaniCWB macrumors member

ZaniCWB

To me sounds the opposite: they are making sure their software is only going to return unlocked iPhones to factory state (and not brick them all!). Just imagine how many complaints they would get if you were right!

They are a business company, it's the kind of advertisement they don't need.

16. macduke thread starter macrumors 603

macduke

I agree. They don't want this to be the big news, they want the new features to be the big news to get more customers. Most likely all the unlocking is what is causing this update to take so long to push out the door. The wifi store code has been implemented for awhile now on their internal phones as witnessed at the UK event and, aside from additional functionality which I doubt we will see much of, getting it to not kill hacked iphones is most likely the best reason.

17. Jsingh macrumors member

When apple says "the end of the month", they mean it. Im expecting the update friday and the leopard release oct. 31st. ;)

18. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks