No updates for 15"mbp 2015.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vpro, Apr 9, 2015.

1. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Looks like no one gives two rat's birds about the 15"mbp 2015. Apple may discontinue them and the Airs, leaving just the useless 12" netbook and the 13" mbp?????????????

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Blame Intel.

Intel has not released any Broadwell-H CPUs yet.

In fact, there may be a possibility that Apple may skip Broadwell-H altogether and go straight to Skylake-H (which I hope will happen).

3. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

You don't do a lot of reading do you?

There's no chips (quad core Broadwells or Skylakes) yet for the 15" rMBP. I would be astonished if Apple discontinued the 15" like they did the 17" - which I get some people love but it was always quite a niche product.

If they had updated the 15" all you would've received would be faster SSD's, a Force Touch Trackpad and perhaps a new dGPU. So it makes sense just to wait for the new CPU's to become available then update it all at once.

4. Kendo macrumors 68000

Sadly the OP doesn't realize that quad-core Broadwell CPUs have not yet been released by Intel so Apple can't update the line.

I wonder how much of the general population is like the OP? Where they are angry at Apple for not releasing a product (or fear of discontinuing them) and not understand the REAL reason why? Oddly enough, his signature has a top of the line MBP and a Mac Pro. Isn't this way too much computer for you considering your OP?

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

In a word: false.

6. vpro thread starter macrumors 65816

vpro

Thank you I LOVE You all!

Love you all for taking the time to inform the rest of us!