No Updates This Tuesday

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Made you look ;)

Anywho, thought with so many threads regarding 'imminent updates', we should balance things out here.

So, no updates this Tuesday. Sorry. :(

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Being that I didn't see 354 threads saying "New iBooks Released", "Apple site down", or "The iBooks are Updated", this wasn't too hard to figure out.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
grapes911 said:
Being that I didn't see 354 threads saying "New iBooks Released", "Apple site down", or "The iBooks are Updated", this wasn't too hard to figure out.
or that its not tuesday yet...

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
eva01 said:
or that its not tuesday yet...
There were a few thread of people waiting for updates today. I was referring to them.

I think it would be funny if Apple didn't release the iBooks for a while. Let the buzz die down some, then update them when your not expecting it. I'm not sure if they'd sell more or less that way.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Duff-Man says...just what we needed.....another iBook thread....the other ones weren't good enough for you?.....oh yeah!

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
grapes911 said:
There were a few thread of people waiting for updates today. I was referring to them.

I think it would be funny if Apple didn't release the iBooks for a while. Let the buzz die down some, then update them when your not expecting it. I'm not sure if they'd sell more or less that way.

I cant say if they'd sell more or less but I do know if they mess with people like that Jobs and any apple employees the mobs can find are going to hang from some buetiful California cliffs :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
This is certainly a very premature thread. The one positive thing is that if Apple sees this it could just encourage them to make a release. So we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
The funny thing is, regardless of what does or does not happen tomorrow, I will probably be more likely to post on this thread than on any of the other ones.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
wdlove said:
This is certainly a very premature thread. The one positive thing is that if Apple sees this it could just encourage them to make a release. So we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Yes, Apple please release updated 'Books tomorrow - I would really like to buy one :)

Look on the bright-side, If they don't come out tomorrow then we know that they will come out next tuesday. ;)

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
grapes911 said:
Wouldn't work that way. It's been 9+ months since they were updated. Every week, every day, that they aren't updated will only add to the frenzy. Nothing is dying down until they release the darn things.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
QCassidy352 said:
Wouldn't work that way. It's been 9+ months since they were updated. Every week, every day, that they aren't updated will only add to the frenzy. Nothing is dying down until they release the darn things.
And then the rumors of the next iBook updates will ensue. :eek: :rolleyes:

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
adamjaskie said:
Duff-Man says... people shouldn't be imitating Duff-Man!...oh yeah!
Lacero says.. Duff-Man says... is getting really old, fast! ...oh yeah! ...oh yeah!

Woof, Woof - Lacero

macmanmatty

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
(x,y)
wide said:
VanMac--

I bet you an iBook that new iBooks will be out tomorrow :D

I would also to bet you an ibook do you accept?

Tems and Conditions:

If Apples' line of ibook computers are not updated by 11:59 EST July 26, 2005 and accessable to the general public for purchase, the user of the account username "wide" of the message boards of macrumors.com is soley responsable for the purchase of a ibook of the user of the account username "macmanmatty" of the message boards of macrumors.com choosing to be given to mthe user of the account username "macmanmatty" of the message boards of macrumors.com. If Apples line of ibook computers are updated by 11:59 EST July 26, 2005 and accessable to the general public for purchase, the user of the account username "macmanmatty" of the message boards of macrumors.com is soley responsable for the purchase of any ibook of user of the account username "wide" of the message boards of macrumors.com choosing to be given to user of the account username "wide" of the message boards of macrumors.com. The Term updated is to mean any change of specifications of Apples line of Ibook computers which include but are not limited to: processor speed, screen size, video cards/ram and harddrive size. Replying to this posted contract by the user of the account username "wide" of the message boards of macrumors.com or the user of the account username "macmanmatty" of the message boards of macrumors.com is subject to immedaite acceptence of all terms and conditions of this bet. This contract is void if not replied to by the time new ibook specs are printed at the site www.apple.com.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Good job VanMac your psychology worked. It was just enough so that Apple thought the rumor mill had moved away from Tuesday. :D

JonMaker

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2004
here.
Tahko said:
DAMN! Still no rev. B iPod socks! AND i'VE WAITED FOR 2 MONTHS, DAMNED!!! :mad:
Brilliant! I was hoping for updated iPod socks, since the current ones don't natively support the ripple effect. Maybe next tuesday. :p