No Upgrade!?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GregBoccuti, Jul 11, 2008.

1. GregBoccuti macrumors newbie

So I arrived at my AT&T store at 5:00 AM on the nose to wait for my iPhone. around 7:00 AM a worker came out to check availability and eligibility for the people standing in line. I was asked to leave the line because I am an AT&T customer, and since I'm not eligible for an upgrade, they could not sell me a phone today for regular price. I then called the apple store to ask about this, and they said that every iPhone MUST be purchased with a new two year agreement. This really angered me because yesterday i went into the AT&T store and specifically asked if I could do this (buy the iPhone outright and add it to my family plan) and they said I could... anyone know anything about this?

2. jdcrow711 macrumors regular

read my thread about same thing -- "home empty handed -- because..."

3. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

That almost sounds like they are refusing to do away with current contracts of customers who want to pay full price and go with the new 2 year contract.

edit: Could AT&T be trying to artificially hold to the $199/$299 price tag by refusing to sell to existing customers who aren't eligible?

Why the hell did they even publich the full price and the no commitment price if they didn't want to sell to us.