Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zo6

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
My series 4 watch wont vibrate or make a sound on messages, but does both on phone calls,I do receive the message, any ideas? Ive checked all the settings I know of on my watch and iPhone x, cant find the problem

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sounds like some kind of notification setting is flipped - because of the frequency I opted to do this - look around with your notification options in the Apple Watch app for messages.

Zo6

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
I have the same issue on my S1. Were you able to get this fixed?
I spent 2 hours one day and 1 hour the next day with apple support and not sure what fixed it, but mine works now. Sorry I cant tell you for sure, but we did turn off imessage and facetime, then turned imessage back on. also I change the the sound and vibrate to different ones from the default ones. Good Luck!

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
I'm not even getting message notification on my S4 watch like I did on the old watch. Can't find the solution to this at all.

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
I spent 2 hours one day and 1 hour the next day with apple support and not sure what fixed it, but mine works now. Sorry I cant tell you for sure, but we did turn off imessage and facetime, then turned imessage back on. also I change the the sound and vibrate to different ones from the default ones. Good Luck!

No worries, glad yours is fixed now. I turned the watch off and back on again, and that fixed it for me as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.