iPod No Vocals with iPod Mini

Janabi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
My 17 month old iPod mini suddenly has sound and volume problems. Podcasts must be turned up to the max to be heard. Audio books sound warbled and distorted. Songs with lyrics are really weird: the music plays at normal volume, while the words are barely audible. The only thing that plays correctly, with normal volume, is instrumental music such as Mozart.

Judging from the Apple discussion groups, many, many other people are having this problem. But none of us has found a fix.

Any help out there? Thanks!!

(This happened directly after I downloaded iTunes 7.3.2, then charged my Mini.)

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
My 17 month old iPod mini suddenly has sound and volume problems. Podcasts must be turned up to the max to be heard. Audio books sound warbled and distorted. Songs with lyrics are really weird: the music plays at normal volume, while the words are barely audible. The only thing that plays correctly, with normal volume, is instrumental music such as Mozart.

Judging from the Apple discussion groups, many, many other people are having this problem. But none of us has found a fix.

Any help out there? Thanks!!

(This happened directly after I downloaded iTunes 7.3.2, then charged my Mini.)
You are shure this is the mini it's self or are they the headphones

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Try changing the equaliser settings. Sounds like you have it on a bass setting.

Janabi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Thanks so much for your suggestions. But it's definitely not the headphones or the EQ setting.