No Voice Plan???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhisch, Jun 22, 2010.

1. iPhisch macrumors 6502

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Ok, I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 last week, and got in the first 600,000. It delivers tomorrow morning. I was looking at my order statusto get my tracking info, and noticed this under the description of my purchase:

IPHONE 4 BLACK 16GB-USA
    MC318LL/A
    Rate Plan:
    No Voice Plan
    Unlimited ......... $30.00
    - Unlimited
    1500 messages ......... $15.00
    - 1500 messages

What the hell is this? Did I forget to click a box, or is this normal? Anyone else see this in their order status? I'm afraid that when I get my iPhone, I'll have to make a change to my voice plan, thus losing my unlimited data. Was on the phone with apple for 20min with no humanly contact and hung up. Any help?

2. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Hey that's cool, I barely talk on the phone so I wouldn't mind it.

3. rmwhite macrumors member

I got the same thing and I'm 99.5% sure I saw the 450 min plan on there.

Acutally, I'm 100% sure:

Saw Nation 450 (retired) and clicked change because I thought "perhaps there is a cheaper option now!" (FAT CHANCE!)

It then brought me to the place where I had to choose a new data plan. I paused for a moment, made sure no boxes (200 MB or 2 GB) were checked and clicked "cancel."

And now it says I don't have a voice plan.

I'm not worried, AT&T has made it sound like it'll be impossible to ACCIDENTALLY change your plan from unlimited.

4. iPhisch thread starter macrumors 6502

After the stuff I've been hearing from iPad 3G owners, I hope you are correct. I was spasing out when I finally got my preorder in at 10pm, that I didn't take enough time to review what I clicked, except to make sure I still had unlimited data. I swear I clicked keep current plan, but with the way the website was acting on the 15th, who knows what actually registered. The new Live Phish app is conna kill me if I have a 2GB cap. Apple Store customer service is useless right now.

5. thornguy macrumors regular

Mine says the same and so do a lot of others from their screenshots in various threads.

I think it's No Voice Plan changes or something and the last part is cutover in the column.

6. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

You are correct, the last part of the message was dropped on the summary.

You should be able to go to https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute and under profile you will see your new CSS which will show that you have a voice rate plan. This is also a good indcation that your order was really processed. An updated CSS is a very good thing.

My Account > My Profile > User Information Tab

Dave

7. iPhisch thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip, Dave. Everything seems to be in order in the CSS.
    Now we all just have to wait, and make sure the activation process goes smoothly. New gadgets, I'm excited!