No voice recorder in 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RKilbane20, Jun 19, 2009.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

My phone is so messed up right now. No voice recorder or 3G network connectivity. I'm gonna do a full restore and see if that helps. Anybody else experiencing any of these problems.

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

the 3gs has 3.0 on it so it should have the voice memo's application on it.....

3. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I no thats why im completely confused. It has the compass but no voice recorder. Maybe because I backed up from 3.0 GM for my 2g. Im doing a full restore from new phone this time.

4. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

maybe if you have alot of applications it might have pushed the voice memos off the pages for some reason... very wierd... maybe try using the spotlight thing and searching for it on the phone itself? hmm

5. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I havent synced with itunes yet. But it does show up in spotlight. Doesnt really matter i dont use it anyway.

6. otakuon macrumors member

Noticed this same thing. I restored my old 3G backup to my new 3GS and the Voice Memo icon was gone. I hadn't reinstalled any of my apps yet, so it was just the vanilla aps that come with the phone. However, if I go to spotlight and search for it, it shows up, the icon is just missing from the home screen. Not a HUGE deal. I am sure that apple will fix this in a future update.

edit: Nevermind, once I re-installed my apps, it just showed up again. Strange, the Voice Memo app must be marked as a 3rd party app for some reason.

7. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I fixed this problem. Save all your pics and contacts in google or where ever. Then restore as new phone and you voice memos is there. Then just sync everything back. Its faster that way anyway.