No Volume Available when Iphone is plugged into car radio HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davevt98, Jun 9, 2010.

1. davevt98 macrumors newbie

I have a 1st generation iphone with a Pioneer Avic D3 system. When I plug it in, it recognizes it but it says "No Volume Available". This happens when I try to use Pandora, Rhapsody, etc.

I have searched but have found a few complaints but no solutions. I obviously tried plugging it in, unplugging it, turning on the ringer, etc. but there has been no easy solution.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

2. davevt98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?

3. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

by "plug it in" do you mean with a USB? aux?

if it's USB then the head unit will process the sound. if it's aux then the unit is probably messed up.

4. davevt98 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is through the standard ipod adapter. The ipod cord is connected to something on the back of the unit. It recognizes it but says "No Volume Available" for online sources.

5. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

That's how it works... I have an Alpine CDA-117. You can put the volume up using head unit.

6. davevt98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct but my problem is that I cannot even control it with the head unit. Having "No Volume Available" is the problem. I have read some threads with the problem being related to 3.1.2 but I am not sure and I have not found a solution.

Can anyone help?

7. davevt98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?? I upgraded to 3.1.3 and still nothing.