no wall charger?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by seamustry, Sep 12, 2008.

1. seamustry macrumors member

how come apple doesn't give you a wall charger with itouch?

seems like a portable device (which people would travel with, sometimes without a laptop) should have a wall charger, like iphone.

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

How long have the rest of the iPods not come with a wall charger?

3. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Apple usually launches a product with full set of accessories and then begins -1 with every subsequent update! Since the iPod is now in its 7th update cycle...... it comes with bare minimum necessities!

4. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

It'll charge from anything with a USB port. Travel adapters usually have one of these also, so you can use one of those. Or any handy computer/laptop.

I'm charging mine from my work laptop, it doesn't need to have software installed.

5. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

The real reason for not including the charger is to reduce costs, which allow them to lower the price.

6. njguyfla macrumors member

No, it allows then to make a larger profit.

7. mzd macrumors 6502a

yep, my old 3rd gen iPod came with a dock, a wall charger, a remote, and a case on top of the dock connector and earbuds.
    it was also $400 for 20GB. ;)

8. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

10. drb6 macrumors regular

Wow, didn't notice this. That's kind of insane. I have the adapter from my old ipod but still......this is a bit low for apple.

Edit: Oh and doesn't restore on the ipods require us to plug into a wall? It did on the older models.

11. seamustry thread starter macrumors member

i know i can buy from walmart or other third party retailers but when i plop down more than 200$ for a product, i should get a wall charger...they could at least give us one like the iphone 3g.

12. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

5G, I think. My iPod photo came with one that I still have and use. :)

13. vandlism macrumors 6502

I know when I bought my 3g iPod it came with everything you could ever want: belt clip, soft pouch, headphones, extra black headphone tips, wall charger, firewire cable, remote, dock and iPod. The 5g came with considerably less: iPod, sleeve, and headphones. The original iPhone shipped with a bunch of stuff to. You find out, however that not everyone used all of these extras, and Apple realized they could just skip the accessories, lower the price on the iPod, sell more iPods and then turn around and sell the accessories. It's nice to open a box and have everything you need, but if you're like me and have owned several iPods then you have all these things already. I have countless USB dock connector cables as well as earbuds. I've only ever used a wall charger when watching the iPod on my tv through the video out. Otherwise it is always plugged in and ready to sync.

14. Bfat567 macrumors 6502

Bfat567

ive got the same one it usually just stays plugged in in the kitchen and my brother plugs his e200 into it and i plug my dj40gb into when its not charging off of the g4