No way for my iPhone 3gs?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maceatsapple, Sep 8, 2012.

1. maceatsapple macrumors newbie

Hello,

I think my iPhone 3gs was dead. I can't even turn on the phone. I tried some known button combination, but it is not still responding...When I plugged-in to my computer, it doesn't also recognize my device.....It is not charged.....
    Well....Actually, I know it was about quite right time to die..however, I still wanna have some chance if there is any. Is there anything I can do something to give life back to my iphone?....I am even willing to open iphone case if it helps somehow :-(.
    Please let me know if you have any idea something I can do by myself other than throwing out to a trashcan/or sending to sort of customer service.....

2. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Sorry if it sounds stupid, but is there any chance that the battery is dead ?
    Asking since you have mentioned that it is not charged. May be try keep it connected to wall charger / PC for few hours and then try turning it on.

3. Coley macrumors member

Did you plug it in for awhile to make sure it's getting some battery power and then while it is charging, do a hard reset? Hold home button and sleep/wake button down for 10-20 seconds and see if it comes alive? It worked once for my 3gs when it went into a coma.

If you tried that already (I am guessing you meant that when you said button combinations) then I probably cant help. I hope something works for you though!

4. maceatsapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I meant that I can't even charge with pc/wall. I even tried it for 1 day, but
    Sadly, my iPhone wasn't responded...:-(

----------

Yeah...that was what I meant...
    :-( it looks like Itz time to say RIP..,...

5. Rossagues macrumors regular

Rossagues

Mine was the same.. died a week ago.. dock changed battery changed. I think the PCB has gone!