No way to get eject button working on XP?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by digiegg, May 23, 2007.

1. digiegg macrumors regular

Is there no way to use the eject button?
    Any patch or something?
    I searched but I couldn't find any solutions.

2. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

3. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

It works for me in XP. Are you sure you've installed the Apple Keyboard Drivers (that come with bootcamp), perhaps try reinstalling them?

4. hersheytx macrumors newbie

What button is this assigned to on a keyboard with Mac drivers but not the button?
    I got a new gaming keyboard and got the Mac Drivers but I am at a loss to find the right key to open the drive door. I have resorted to plugging in my old Mac keyboard to use that one button.....ggrrrr

5. reflex macrumors 6502a

On pc's it's usual for cd and dvd drives to have their own eject button. So Windows doesn't really have support for a special eject button on the keyboard.

How about just right-clicking the cd/dvd drive in Windows and then select eject?

6. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Try F12 that might work, tho I'm not sure if the Apple Keyboard drivers will actually do anything with a non apple keyboard.

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

There's an F12 key on the keyboards, wouldn't it be more like an F13 key?

8. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

if you are uber xp L33t, you can set a shortcut in registry. not recommended.

if you just want it to work, and the apple driver re-install doesn't fix it, you could try THIS bit of freeware. works well with xp, can control multiple optical drives. sits in the system tray, right click, eject either drive. same thing again to close. you can also set hotkey combinations to open the drives. very cool. :)

best of luck.

9. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

10. digiegg thread starter macrumors regular

This program isn't working for me... I uninstalled the applekeyboard tool and installed it but sill not working. =(
    ack... i want the eject! haha