No Way to Purge/Clear/Reset "Recently Added"?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by clayj, Sep 22, 2014.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Before I bought my iPhone 6, I exported *all* photos from my iPhone 5 to iPhoto on my Mac -- I wanted to start the iPhone 6 with a clean slate of photos.

But when I turn on the "My Photo Stream" option for iCloud on the new phone, about 300 old pictures come down from SOMEWHERE onto the phone -- I don't want them. I want them purged. The iCloud web site USED to have an option to Reset your Photo Stream, which would delete everything in the cloud (and also from your devices which were on the Photo Stream). This option no longer appears to be available and I can't for the life of me figure out how to eliminate them for good.

Does anyone know the answer to this? Or is this yet another Apple design flaw/massive oversight?

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Apple for some reason deleted the iCloud Photo Stream folder for some reason. Probably an oversight when they decided to not ship iCloud Photo Library with the release of iOS 8.

3. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

Hmm. It LOOKS like if you use iPhoto on your Mac to delete everything in the SHARED iCloud folder, this will purge out the Photo Stream.