No weather info in notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Enojo, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Enojo macrumors member

Hi all, I just got my new iPhone 6 today and after setting it up and getting it ready for use I noticed something about the weather in notification center.

Even though I allowed it to use my location and have every possible location setting turned on, it won't show a brief weather update under today's date like it used to on earlier iPhones. Is this a bug of iOS 8? As far as I know it's supposed to show up under the date and give me a weather update and temperature info?
    It even shows a sentence in the bottom something like "The weather information was delivered by The Weather Channel"(or something like that). Where is my weather info? :rolleyes:

Do you have any solutions on how to get it to appear? I have tried a soft reset with the power button + home button, but that didn't help at all.

Thanks.

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Go to settings>privacy>Location and make sure Weather is set to "Always".

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Things to check:

1. Is "Today Summary" added to the Today view? bring down notifications and click the Edit button on the bottom (don't do this from lockscreen as it wont appear).

2. Is Weather enabled in location services?

If you've checked both of these already than reset all settings. This will most likely fix it.

4. Enojo thread starter macrumors member

Done already.

What kind of reset? Delete all? If I delete all settings, do I need to load everything back with a iCloud back-up for example?

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Settings > general > reset > reset all settings.

This doesn't delete anything but it does reset screen layouts , notifications and such.

6. Enojo thread starter macrumors member

Well, now I've done this - without any improvement.. Is this a bug or is it supposed to show a small forecast for the day like in iOS7?
    The weather app itself works great.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Did you click "edit" on the notification center to make sure "today summary" is added at the top section? If so, you're supposed to see something like this.

It looks like this when it's working.

[​IMG]

8. Enojo, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015

Enojo thread starter macrumors member

Yep, the "today summary" is added at the top. Still no forecast. Worked well with Yahoo Weather last time I used an iPhone on iOS7.

Do you think it should missing because of the size of the city where I'm living? I live in a smaller city in Norway, but it's hard for me to believe that's the issue because when the app itself is showing the full forecast, it seems a bit strange that's missing ..

Edit: I'm also now realizing that I'm missing the part which shows my appointments from my calendar that day. It does show for the next day, "you have one appointment tomorrow", but nothing like that for the today view. I've just also noticed that I'm experiencing the same on my iPad Mini 2, with iOS 8 as well. Gah....

9. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

What widget are you using? I like how that gives an ETA to various locations.

10. Enojo, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015

Enojo thread starter macrumors member

I just wanted to add that I restored my iPhone from the ground up with my iCloud back-up. Didn't seem to work either, until just now. Suddenly the weather forecast is back. Let's hope it's staying there for good.

Edit: aaaaaand it's gone again. lol

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

What the heck is up with your phone? does the weather even show up in the weather app itself?

12. Enojo thread starter macrumors member

Haha, yes, the weather app is working perfectly. After some extensive searching I found that it is a somewhat common problem apparently. Mostly outside of the US, if I remember correctly. It seemed to appear when I was out, away from my Wi-Fi network - but doesn't show up I turn off the Wi-Fi at home.

Anyway, thanks for your help throughout. I think I just have to wait and see if it will be fixed in an update. Seems like a few other people also have this problem in my country (Norway). Oh well, I've tried every solution now, time to give up.

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Oh, I didn't even know you were outside the US.

14. Enojo thread starter macrumors member

I guess I should've said so earlier, but I just didn't think it would make any difference. We're all having poverty iPhone experiences compared to you guys, with no Apple Pay, no Siri in our own language, no Spotlight-search that searches web... and now no stock weather forecast in the notification centre - even though that should be working, haha!

15. venividivigor macrumors 6502

You're not the only one. All iPhone 6's don't display weather information in certain places where I lived. In the city it comes back but when I come back to town it has no info

16. sethlution macrumors regular

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but why don't you use a third party widget? Yahoo weather looks great and it's free. Personally I prefer Forecast++ because it doesn't check your location constantly (I'm really conscious with battery life :D). It costs $0.99 though.

17. Enojo thread starter macrumors member

I guess I'll have to add one soon! Thanks for the suggestions! I just really like the small forecast in text, but it seems like a lot of people outside the US is having this problem. Hopefully Apple will fix it sooner than later.

18. cpenner macrumors regular

I have this exact same problem in Canada. What I've found is that when the weather is not displaying in the Notification Center, it also doesn't have full details or the animated background in the Weather app either for my location. However, I have my city added as well, which shows the animated background and has full details. Sometimes, when I'm in different parts of the city, the weather shows up in the Notification Center, and after checking, it also has the animated background and details in the Weather app. For whatever reason, only certain parts of the city register as being "in the city" and get the Weather app to find it properly, in which case, it will also show in the Notification Center. I hope this gets fixed. This worked properly in earlier versions of iOS 8, I believe, and it definitely worked in iOS 7. Kinda frustrating...

19. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

its broken & no one, the weather channel i guess, cares to fix it. it only works when im downtown for me, appears, leave downtown even less than 1 mile & it vanishes again, no where in the city works anymore except downtown, & yes it still worked everywhere in the city before after the switch from yahoo to the weather channel, yahoo's always worked since forever though go figure change something that didnt need changing, now it needs changing cause they changed it when it didnt need changing

go downtown if u dont normally go near it assuming u arent in a small town along a highway, itll probably magically appear no restart needed just keep pulling down notification center as u get close

20. Enojo thread starter macrumors member

You're right - even though I live in a small city, it only shows when I'm there, compared to where I live which is a bit outside of the city.

Really hoping it will get fixed, currently using yahoo weather.

21. cpenner macrumors regular

For some reason the Weather app started correctly recognizing my current location at home this morning, which hasn't happened since Apple made the switch from Yahoo weather. I'm hoping this stays

22. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I'm in the U.S. and I have no weather info in my today view. Don't think I've seen it once since having my 6.

23. ap105 macrumors regular

I found the app, ETA - your GPS driving assistant for travel times and directions by Eastwood
    https://appsto.re/us/MTa6V.i

Also downloaded it, so far so good. Very convenient to just have it as a widget.

24. Enojo thread starter macrumors member

Haha, the same happened to me as well!
    Also, Apple responded to my bug report, so obviously something is going on behind the scenes.

25. scrmtrey macrumors regular

scrmtrey

Yep, it happens from time to time. Obviously a bug.