No weather widget in Notification Center

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mizxco, Jun 17, 2014.

1. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Anyone else missing the weather widget in Notification Center?

Happened since b1. Launched the weather app and toggled location settings in 'Privacy' but still no luck for me. Could it be Weather channel lacking the description for my current location?

Notification center just looks kinda lame without it.

2. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Go ahead and do a soft reset of the device and then immediately toggle the location data permission off and back on. That fixed the issue for me in B1. The solution persisted to B2.

3. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Nope, didn't work for me, restart or hard reset.
    I even toggled the toady summary widget :(

4. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

I would suggest heading over to the developer forums on Apple's site. There's some good discussion about that. The general consensus is that it's a bug.

However, you do need to make sure that you have Background App refresh (Settings > General > Background App Refresh) turned on. Many people have reported that they didn't have it enabled at that fixed the problem. Additionally, if that didn't fix it, go to Settings > Reset Settings and try that. If those potential solutions do not work, then I cannot think of anything else to do. The bug has been reported and I am sure Apple is aware of it.

5. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

You were right, Background App Refresh was off for weather but toggling it on doesn't seem to help. Don't really want to 'Reset All Settings' but I did a 'Reset Location' which didn't solve the issue either.

Damn, it's bothering me cause the calendar line right below the date is extremely ugly :mad:

Can't wait till you can install 3rd party widgets so I can know the temperature in numbers instead of learning which direction and speed the wind is blowing.

I think the reason people discuss here is because we don't have access to the dev forums ;)

6. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Okay I can confirm this is due to "The Weather Channel" not having information for specific regions.

Going on a weekend trip and once I crossed the border, BOOM, weatherI didn't even toggle any settings.

Hope this gets fixed before GM

7. mizxco, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014

mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Just updating myself and anyone still struggling. Weather description finally showed up today. Glad they finally fixed it. The lack of text in that space was depressing.

Still says there's a tornado coming on Yosemite's Today view though.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I was going to say I remember an old bug from iOS 7 beta where if you reset all settings it would fix a missing weather widget.

9. mizxco thread starter macrumors 6502a

mizxco

I tried, that wasn't the case. I think Weather Channel was lacking a few things for some Asia cities. Until this morning, there was nothing showing for Tokyo, Hong Kong, Taipei etc. (you couldn't even add them in weather.app) though the info exist on weather.com.

Living in Hong Kong, I went through the border to China and weather instantly showed up.