Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCLrox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
I noticed that I didn't get a welcome video when installing Mac OS X 10.3 or 10.4. I know it's not a big deal, but I've seen earlier models than mine display welcome videos. In fact, for tiger, I didn't even get the regular setup assistant, just a window on the desktop that showed setup info. Why does this happen?

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I noticed that I didn't get a welcome video when installing Mac OS X 10.3 or 10.4. I know it's not a big deal, but I've seen earlier models than mine display welcome videos. In fact, for tiger, I didn't even get the regular setup assistant, just a window on the desktop that showed setup info. Why does this happen?

Did you do a clean install? If not, this might mess it up...

When I installed Tiger on my old iBook G3, I got the welcome video, but not the setup assistant, as I did that already with Panther.

FYI you can go into the Setup Assistant.app and find the video and music (though you will have to put them together in iMovie as they are separate). They're located in...
Code:
System/Library/CoreService/Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection/Contents/Resources

JCLrox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
I did an upgrade, from Panther. It would definitely make sense not to show the stop again if I already had everything set up.Maybe I didn't get the welcome video because the graphics card wasn't capable of showing it?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
When I installed Tiger onto my 350Mhz G3 iMac, it showed the welcome video and played the music. It played it well with no skipping. Of course this was a clean installation. I don't think you saw it because you upgraded from Panther.

JCLrox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
I guess that must be it. Thanks for all your help guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.