No White Iphone ? If Recall Is Imminent ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mrmarkyd, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Mrmarkyd macrumors member

Mrmarkyd

I have been holding out for the white iPhone however, if Apple are discussing a recall behind closed doors then a further delay of the white phone is going to happen

the reasons for this are

a- Since the known issue they would not have been able to solve the issue on the white in time for a late july release as they would have to have started production weeks ago

b- Not knowing the the bad PR was going to get this bad i dont think they would have made any design alterations or changes to the hardware at all

we will sure know for certain by the end of the month if not days because if the white does not surface then they will have to admit the issue they are having in production or advise its being delayed due to a recall of the black

my money is no white iphone and a recall all happening by the end of this month or at least if not a recall then a swap for a new phone if yours has issues but only when the hardware can be sorted which i think will take a few weeks more at least

what do you guys reckon?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They're not going to do a recall just because some PR person said so.

3. Mrmarkyd thread starter macrumors member

Mrmarkyd

when i first heard about the issue a couple of weeks ago and even more so after i played with a few friends iphones and replicated the same issues completely loosing all service even though there is an O2 mast near me (3gs never had an issue)

I thought recall straight away if it was a wide spread issue and lets face it, IT IS

I love Apple but this will go down in history as the biggest technological blunder since technology was invented mark my words

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I think Apple will delay the white iPhone until they make a firm decision on what they are going to do. If they release the white iPhone then it is pretty solid evidence that they plan on doing nothing from a hardware stand point.

Recall or not, I find it hard to believe that Apple will release the white iPhone's knowing that they have issues wrong with them.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

6. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I think this is truth.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

There was that unsinkable ship too. Oh what was the name - you know - the one Leo and Kate were on? Oh yeah - the TITANIC lol

8. Mrmarkyd thread starter macrumors member

Mrmarkyd

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Both my and my wife's iP4s work just fine, no dropped calls. If it were that widespread of an issue, there'd be lines of people returning them just as long as those purchasing/reserving following launch day. I'm not seeing those lines anywhere. If the past is any indication, there will be a software fix.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Don't think so. It was covered in powdered aluminum paint. I'm pretty sure that caused some major signal issues with their cell phones. It's why they couldn't call for help.

11. Mrmarkyd thread starter macrumors member

Mrmarkyd

dont get me wrong i dont think its every phone but it seems to be affecting alot of people, my mate wanted to return his but he is waiting to see what happens before his 30 days is up, if still no word he will take it back so i bet there are a few who will do this also
    :)

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

13. Mrmarkyd thread starter macrumors member

Mrmarkyd

cell phones in the 1930's wow, lol:)

14. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

The focus should be on this damn proximity sensor issue.
    (edit) hung up on my girlfriend 3 times last night and my phone got locked twice somehow.

15. wickywahwah macrumors regular

i agree. to my disappointment, i see the release of the white slipping, regardless of what apple is or isn't doing to address any issues that may or may not exist. but who knows. they could come out with a statement this week outlining their conclusions and then move forward. i hope the white comes sooner than later, but bottom line is i want a phone that works. i'm hoping all of this is overblown.