No white iphones for upgraders? (uk)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appledrone, Jul 14, 2008.

1. appledrone macrumors regular

I am one of the hundreds of people whos o2 online order still says in progress. Obviously I had to order a black one as there was no option for white (i really wanted a white one)...However, on saturday eve I was walking past a CPW store and popped my head in to ask if they had any white iphones in stock (thinking that i could just cancel my order with o2 and get one there). The guy replied that they had some but they were only available for new customers! Anyone else had this problem? Feels like discrimination to me.:mad:

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I assume that the member of staff meant that they are not processing upgrades in their store, i have heard and experienced a few CPW stores NOT doing uogrades for existing users... but some are, why? I couldn't tell you.

3. hazdageez macrumors newbie

4. appledrone thread starter macrumors regular

No, they were doing upgrades in store, but they wouldnt let me have a white one!

5. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Tell them to show exactly where it says White is for new customers only, get on the phone to apple and ask them... F*** it tell the manager you will be taking them to court or something!

That totally gets my back up, where do all these O2/CPW employees get off making up rules about who gets what and where!!!!

6. appledrone thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it hacks me off big time...I would have stayed for an argument with the guy but I was with friends on our way to dinner so I couldnt.

I think some of these guys are on a power trip, I cant see why I shouldn't be able to have a white one. I would have liked to punch the pretty little bastards perfect white teeth out!

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You sure it was just the non-available White iPhone that hacked you off? ;)

But I agree… I am an existing O2 iPhone customer and also waiting for a white 16GB.
    Why us early adopters weren't/aren't allowed them is beyond me.
    :eek:

8. hazdageez macrumors newbie

I spoke to someone quite high up in 02 and he said they should be getting white in a couple of weeks.

I reckon this 02 guy was bluffing. Of all the different people i have spoken to from CPW/o2/apple i have had repsonses such as 'is there a white one?', 'the white one is available now from 02/cpw', 'the white one will never be available in the uk' etc. it seems no one knows what they are talking about.

9. goffski macrumors member

I was under the impression CPW and O2 were not yet stocking the White phone, if you ask me the guy in CPW was talking *****! I was in CPW on Friday morning when they opened at 9, there wasn't even any showing on they system according to that guy, just the black. As he started to go through my order the black 16gb ran out so i walk out empty handed.

To my complete amazement the Apple Store TC had plenty of stock so i headed over there and got the White 16gb. So i guess it was a good job that the staff in the CPW where completely useless or i could have ended up with a black 8gb as an impulse buy.

10. appledrone thread starter macrumors regular

The CPW store that I went into was in Exeter and they definately had white iphones in, I saw them in boxes. The guy was just being a cock for the sake of it I reckon.