NO WI-FI! Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by anti-microsoft, Mar 28, 2008.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

My iPod touch fell in the water. I let it dry. It worked fine, battery, Wi-fI, Screen... everything. Until today.

I go into the Wi-Fi preferences and it says "No Wi-Fi" What's the matter help??

Thanks

AMS

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Are you saying the options to turn Wifi on/off are now gone, and the wifi settings panel is grayed out? - if so, more than likely you goosed the wifi antenna when you dropped it.

R-Fly

3. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Well it was working perfectly a couple of days ago... I'll reset it in iTunes. One Question. If I reset it in iTunes. Does that mean it will take me back to Firmware 1.1.1 or what ever? I hope not!

4. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Unfortunately I had the same problem, and Apple would not fixed it. I didn't even drop mine in water.

If you restore it in iTunes, it will automatically update it to the latest firmware you have on your system (1.1.4) and if you don't have 1.1.4, it will offer to upgrade.

On a mac, if you alt-click "Restore" it lets you choose the firmware you want to update to.

Sorry to hear about that, all the best.

5. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

It might just be a software problem:( Oh well... I'll wait till september to get a new one!:D