"No Wi-Fi"

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RestlessNic, May 31, 2011.

1. RestlessNic macrumors newbie

Hello all, am having difficulty with my iPad 2, 64gb Wi-Fi, version 4.3.3. It started with the machine having difficulty seeing a WiFi signal (although I was in the same room with the router) then will only give me a "No Wi-Fi". It will not allow me to turn WiFi on or off (although Airplane mode is functional) and Bluetooth keeps searching even when right next to my MacBook (with Bluetooth turned on). So far I have re-booted the iPad, re-booted the router and modem, "Reset Network Settings" on the iPad, "Reset All Settings" on the iPad, and restored the iPad through iTunes. No joy. Before I reformat the iPad, has anyone seen this before and any suggestions? Thanks.

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Silly question: Have you verified that wi-fi works well with any other devices? for example, an iPhone, iPod touch or maybe a laptop?

RTP.

3. RestlessNic thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Rod, yep, am on the forum through my MacBook on the same wireless network. In doing further research, it seems this is not an uncommon problem but the fixes are all over the spectrum from turning the machine off overnight (done that) to returning the unit to an Apple Store (I'm in the British Virgin Islands and waltzing into an Apple Store is not an option). But am getting alot of information from the Apple Support Website (support.apple.com) and will continue trying a fix after work this evening.

Thanks for the response.

4. Den Deze macrumors newbie

I'm having a bit of the same problem here since the last update.
    Unable to join network issue, never had this before.
    When I put my iPad down for 5 minutes, pick it up and wifi is gone.
    Sometimes I can reconnect without a problem in my wifi setup, other times I have to try and reconnect several times...

I can see my router network, but he gives me a hard time to connect (iPad 1st gen)

5. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I had a strange issue with my Wifi on my 32GB iPad 2 (Wi-Fi only) from the time I got it back in March. Initially it didn't see my home Wi-Fi router but after messing with it for a while it did. Also when I went to places like Starbucks or my auto dealer who had free wi-fi my iPad couldn't see many of the Wi-Fi access points and when it did connect it would drop the connection. I finally made an appointment at my local Apple store here in Columbus, OH and a Apple Genius swapped my iPad 2 for another one. This one seems to work much better. I even went to a place where I always had trouble connecting and keeping a WiFi connection and it worked just fine for the 45 minutes I was there. So if you keep having issues I would suggest making an appointment with your local Apple store and have them swap it out.

6. Boca macrumors 6502

I am having similar issue. Worked fine in the US now overseas in Norway with signal recognized and strong it will not work. I'm on macbook now so I know the wifi signal is working and strong. Very frustrating. Any help appreciated.

7. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

The only time when I've seen Wi-Fi greyed out is when the Wi-Fi antenna wasn't working on an iPod Touch. Has it ever worked for you?