Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suellen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
When trying to connect via Wi-Fi, I am asked to enter a password. My 2Wire router did not have a password set, so I set one up. However, when I enter it on my iPhone and press "join", it says, "unable to join network". Thanks for suggestions.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
First step I would say is to disable the password, then try to connect with your iPhone. If that works then we know that the problem IS the password and not the phone or the router. Are you in an area where protecting your Wi-Fi network is necessary?

suellen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Thank you for your reply. Originally, my 2Wire router did not have a password but the iphone showed the padlock symbol next to it and asked for a password. That's why I set one up, but entering it in the iphone didn't solve the problem. However, I just now was able to connect via Wi-Fi using an Linksys router, presumably a neighbor's, although the signal was weak. I would like to be able to connect using my 2Wire router, but don't know how to access it. Maybe my ISP who provided the 2Wire router could help me.

Cjtr

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
try this:
disable ssid broadcast on you're router and set a password
on the iphone select join other network and type the ssid of the router and the password
hope this helps
CJTR

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.